Monday, November 14, 2011

Give thanks

It's difficult to be thankful for wind, but it does have its purpose. Wind makes me tired and cranky...all I feel like doing when it's windy is cuddling on the couch with a book, comfy throw and hot cup of tea {Black Licorice please!}. It dawned on my today tho that the wind is God's way of clearing the autumn leaves from the trees in preparation for winter to settle in. After all, the branches just wouldn't look the same dusted with snow if they still had dead leaves on them. So, as difficult as it is, today I am thankful for the transition...the wind....the cleansing, if you will...in preparation for old man winter. I look forward to the holidays, the warm soups and stews, catching up on reading, sipping warm beverages {Starbucks Eggnog Latte...oh my!}...bulky sweaters, wool socks, scarves...Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment