Friday, November 11, 2011

Fall cleaning

Some people do Spring cleaning, but Fall is always my catalyst to purge the old and make preparations. Today we embarked upon redoing our hardwood floors in the parlor and dining area. We just couldn't leave those old floors when we have the shiny new ones in the kitchen. But before we could begin the sanding process, we had to move out of the main floor. So I boxed all the knick knacks up and Duane took out the furniture. I took joy in also "moving out of" my old refrigerator and into my new one...yippee!  You know all those condiments you buy for that one great meal that you make...never to be used again?  Well it seemed I had amassed quite a collection {red wine vinegar? rice wine vinegar? sherry vinegar?...how many vinegars are there any way?}, so needless to say my new fridge is kind of bare!  That's okay tho...after all the holidays are coming!  I'll need that room!  I also cleared off the built in bookshelves and took joy in packing away what was on them....after all we have to decorate for Christmas... so no need to revisit that "every day stuff" until the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment