Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Warm Drink for a Cold Night

Tom & Jerry Recipe from my friend Chuck
I'm from Montana and in Montana warm drinks for cold wintry nights are a MUST!  One of my favorite hot beverages is the Tom & Jerry.  I love the creamy, nutmeggy, whipped, frothy YUMMINESS with just a little bit of rum {some people use brandy, but I prefer spiced rum}.  I used to be able to get the mix at our local grocery store, but it no longer carries it.  Just when I was about to give up enjoying it this winter, one of my ol' high school friends made mention of it on Facebook.  So when I inquired if he'd share his recipe and he obliged, I was thrilled.  What I think I love most about it is that he handwrote it...double bonus!  I love it when I receive recipes in the handwriting of the person sharing it...handwriting is such a lost art...and it's so much more personal!  So last night before I dove into my book (The Litigators by John Grisham...one of his better in a while), I prepared a nice warm cup of Tom & Jerry...YUM...and wouldn't you know it, I slept like a baby last night!
Yumminess in a cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment