Friday, January 6, 2012

Blue Jeans Friday

TGIF!  So MANY things to like about Fridays, but one thing I really enjoy is Friday = JEANS day at the office!  What is it about being able to step outside the normal dress code and wear jeans that makes us all so giddy?  Maybe it's the feeling that the weekend is upon us...we already have our jeans on!  Maybe it's that we get to {bend} the rules for a day.  Many times we have meetings on Fridays and on those Fridays JEANS are frowned upon, so for me it's the fact that not only do I get to wear jeans but I also don't have any "official" meetings to attend to.

On ANOTHER note, this morning when my alarm went off for the third time... {I'm a frequent flyer on the SNOOZE button}...I reached to turn it off and my screen went black but the alarm kept going.  So I'm half-asleep in the dark trying to figure out how to get the back off my phone so I can kill the alarm by disengaging the battery...(by the way, this took me weeks to learn and whenever possible I still just hand it to my teen daughter and plea for help)...Needless to say, my phone was left on the nightstand this morning..in pieces.  So as I was preparing to write this bog entry I checked out Google's stock photos with the keywords "Blue Jeans Friday".  

Now I'm a firm believer that things don't just happen..there's a PLAN.  What I came across was a fantastic fundraising idea where employees {PURCHASE} the opportunity to wear jeans on Friday for $5 and that money goes to charity (like $5 can provide 5 people in developing countries with clean water for 5 years!).  Check it out here BLUE JEAN FRIDAYS. What a GREAT idea!  And I didn't think BLUE JEAN FRIDAY could get any better! Sign me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment