Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Freezer Meal Workshop!

I love to cook, but sometimes life gets the best of me and I find myself at 7 pm standing in the middle of my kitchen wondering what to cook!  So last night I participated in a Tastefully Simple Freezer Meal Workshop.  The concept is simple.  You pay for the Tastefully Simple products through your local consultant and she gives you a list of groceries you must buy prior to the event.  In addition, there's some prep work that had to be done.  My prepping consisted of cubing 6 chicken breasts, slicing 6 chicken breasts into strips, browning 4.5# of burger, dicing a green pepper and finely slicing 6 oz of mushrooms.  It took me a little more than an hour.  So yesterday after work I excitedly loaded my cooler with my grocery items and supplies that Tracy had said I needed and ventured off to my class.  As I was preparing my meals, I got very excited about the "smells" coming from my ziploc baggies! I am only vaguely familiar with the Tastefully Simple products, but I have to say after doing this class I will definitely be using them more. In just two hours I had prepared 15 meals for the crockpot, oven or grill...and EACH of them looked delicious!  But what I'm MOST excited for is the opportunity to cook healthy, delicious meals rather than doing the "drive thru" option which is less-than-nutritious and expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment